Monday, May 17, 2010

New Dirty Boy "Stone Boy" Pedal!


Words From Alex Saraceno

Once a year, I introduce a new pedal to my line.
This year it is called the " Stone Boy "
Of all my children, this is the one that took longest to conceive. ( 8 months of R&D )
There are many things that make this one different from any other in the line.
For one thing it runs on 2 X AA batteries, super cool concept which allows the pedal to run cooler and last forever but don't worry you don't have to get a 3 volt charger since the voltage for the adapter is being reduced INSIDE the pedal, and your standard 9 volts wall wart will work fine.
Now for the sound.
I wanted to emulate the fattest lead sound possible and the smoothest ever.
I kept thinking of Leslie West at his peak and how his guitar sounded like 3 guitars when he did his leads.
This pedal is not for noodlers or posers, but for precise and professional players who want to destroy.
It is a total redesign of old technology which had a lot of flaws since it was too early for its time.
I cleaned everything up with later designs but left one position on the frequency selector ( the highest ) for the real early fuzz effects in case yo want to use it.

We will soon have a video available as well as some soundclips, but for the hard core followers of the Dirty Boy Pedals, I am releasing it early since I am confident that those who buy it blindly will be satisfied...

Available here.

No comments: